If my transfer were coming up THIS week.
It went from 3 mm on Monday to 10.4 (or 10.7 I can't remember now) mm today and it's triple striped. On only one little Vivelle patch every other day.
My estrogen was 98 (they want it over 50) and progesterone was 0.4. I don't know what it's supposed to be but I think low is the goal. The LH was still pending.
So.....................I called my nurse before we had the lab values and told her about my triple stripe and thickness.
Me: "Isn't that where we want it at the time of transfer?"
Me: "So, um..how do we make sure it doesn't get thicker?"
Her: "Oh we'll just hold you on one patch and then when we start progesterone that will lock it in." (but the progesterone doesn't start until just a few days right before the transfer...so that's many more days of estrogen patches)
Me: "What do you want the estrogen to be?"
Her: "Over 50, but yours won't be on just one patch. We'll have to add oral estrogen."
Me: "But won't that thicken the lining?"
Her: "Not really."
I'm an FET idiot, so I consulted with Mrs. Hope, an IVF expert, and also Jill, another IVF expert and they both advised that it is not a good idea to just hold for that long, that I probably need to be getting out to transfer much sooner. Of course, they want the E2 to be over 300 for transfer, so not sure how to accomplish that without also uber-thickening out my lining.
But my nurse didn't even so much as mention moving the date. HMPH. I sense another panicked phone call coming up here in, oh, let's say, an hour or so?? I think I'm going to have to speak with Dr. M herself.
I will remain calm, but I will not have their scheduling issues ruin my beautifully biopsied lining.
Any other words of advice/wisdom?
2 years ago